- This event has passed.
CityScape 150: Art & Photography Contest
June 3 @ 10:00 am - October 27 @ 4:00 pmFree
Heritage London Foundation, Architectural Conservancy Ontario – London Region Branch, the Society for Learning in Retirement and Ontario 150 Celebration.
The contest will run from March – October: with a kick- off event to be held on June 3rd
‘Celebrate London’s 150 year-old Heritage Architecture’
This contest is being held to bring attention to the rich architectural history of London as we celebrate 150 years of Ontario’s and Canada’s existence. Submissions are sought that bring a creative approach to depicting the varied styles and myriad details of structures built in London in the year 1867 or earlier.
A list of buildings can be found at: http://heritagelondonfoundation.ca/photo-contest-heritage-properties/
- Artwork to be hangable and no bigger than 4ft x 4ft.
- Photos to be board-mounted 11×14 inches or 16×20 inches. B&W or colour (Minimal photo-shopping permitted)
- Works to have a label on the back with the name of the artist, & title of the work, mail and email address, phone number and to indicate whether the piece is for sale or not. This label can be downloaded here: CityScape Label
- N.B. No more than three pieces may be submitted by one individual.
- Submissions may be dropped off at the Elsie Perrin Williams Estate during the last full week of October. Mon 23rd – Tuesday 24th – Wednesday 25th from 11 a.m. till 4 p.m. OR: later hours on Thursday 26th and Friday 27th from 4- 7 p.m. Exceptions may be made in unusual circumstances. Please call Susan Bentley at 519-673-1164 if it is necessary for you to make other arrangements.
The judges will select a number of works to be shown in an exhibition to take place in late November or early December 2017 (Date and location to be announced).
Please check back in to the website from time to time for announcements, updates & corrections
An awards ceremony and reception will take place on the last evening of the exhibition. Artists are asked to indicate if they wish to have their entries indicated for sale at this show.
N.B. If a contest entrant wishes to sell their work it is strictly a private transaction between the artist and purchaser and HLF will take no responsibility for any part of the sale.
The number of works shown will be based upon the quality of the work and the number of works submitted, and is entirely at the judges’ discretion.
- 5 prizes of $150 will be awarded, in no particular order, to artists whose work best reflec the objectives of the contest.
- Forest City Image Centre will donate a camera for the “emerging photographer” prize.
- A collection of art supplies will be awarded for an “emerging artist” award.
KICK- OFF EVENT !
Artists and photographers are invited to participate in a mass plein-air sketching, painting and photography session at one of the buildings managed by HLF. Grosvenor Lodge, (built in 1853) is located at 1017 Western Road. We will gather on the afternoon of Saturday June 3rd. Watch this website and the ACO website for more details. In order to attract media coverage we shall announce this session in a press release.